Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Who We Are


Kristen .. Anna


We're good friends who founded live.love.tri. Frustrated that there were no all-women's triathlons in New Mexico, we decided to organize one. We love all-women's triathlons because of the bond we feel competing alongside other women. Our names are Kristen and Anna. We love being active and eating frozen yogurt. We work together with the young women of our church. Our young women would probably tell you we are mediocre dancers, but we know we're pretty darn good! I (Anna) have two rambunctious kids. Kristen has two adorable little dogs. We actually went to the same college but didn't know until we both moved to NM. Kristen's strongest triathlon sport is running and mine is biking(because I really hate running). We are really excited about our triathlon and hope you pass this site on to your friends, sisters, mothers, and daughters. Please email us with any questions. We are really excited to meet you!

4 comments:

  1. I think you ladies are awesome for organizing this event. It is very beneficial for us women to take good care of ourselves, and training and participating in an all-women's triathlon makes me feel special and a lot less intimidated.

    I feel simultaneously energized and peaceful following my swimming and cycling, and I hope that, one day, I will feel the same after my running (but not yet!).

    I am a mom, and what is good for me benefits my entire family. Healthy and happy mom = healthy and happy children! Thanks, Kristen and Anna, and I hope to see you and many others in August. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna!
    Email me at mamerch@gmail.com to chat. I'd like to share your information on my site, www.meganmerchant.com.
    Thanks! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am SOOOOO going to register for your event. I usually do the Patriot Tri, and I think I can do both since this will give me a week in between the two events.

    I started doing triathlons two years ago. I wanted to do something AWESOME to celebrate reaching my goal weight and losing 230 pounds. I decided that nothing quite said fitness (actually screams fitness) like triathlon. I did Jay Benson in 2009, and I have been hooked ever since. I adore triathlon. I have never done a women only event, so this will be a first.

    I can tell you that the best prize ever was winning my age group (I was the only one in my age group) at the Bean Valley Triathlon last year in Estancia. I won a 10# sack of pinto beans. That was the COOLEST prize ever. Will you have cool prizes like pinto beans? As you can tell, I am easily amused and reinforced.

    BTW, if you are looking for a fun, different triathlon to put on your personal race calendar, consider the Billy the Kid Tombstone Triathlon. That will be June the 11th at Sumner Lake just outside of Fort Sumner. I am the race director. Last year was our first year, so this year I will do a much better job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. Would you recommend this for beginners? Are there training groups for this?

    ReplyDelete